Photojournalism Heads to the Zoo
Early Voting Begins for Proposed Bond
Photojournalism Heads to the Zoo
Early Voting Begins for Proposed Bond

6 Things To Do: February 2016

6 Things To Do: February 2016

February consists of different emotions for different people, depending on relationship status. Use this list to find events to spend with your significant other, or just to spend with friends whom you love just as much, maybe more.

The Addams Family
This year’s musical will be held at the MISD Center for Performing Arts from Feb. 4 to Feb. 6., at 7 p.m. each night. Make sure to clear your schedule for one night so you can see these creepy, kooky and altogether hilarious characters as they maneuver their way through this plot. Tickets cost $7 for students and $10 for adults or $5 a piece when you get them from the bookkeeper.

Swimming Regionals
We’ve been bullied by a Tweet to add this one to the list. But hey, who doesn’t like to watch their friends in swimsuits and Speedos? We’d suggest bringing signs and big heads for the stands – and bring the lion suit. Our swim team needs support too.

Super Bowl 50
If you can’t make it to California to see the big game at Levi’s Stadium, plan a watch party with friends. The Panthers and the Broncos will battle it out on Feb. 7, pick a team to root for, sit down and enjoy the commercials.

Krewe of Barkus Dog Parade
For 14 years, Mckinney has hosted a Mardi Gras Dog Costume Contest, Parade and Festival. If you own a dog that will allow you to dress them up, make sure to register by Feb. 4. Judges will award over $2,000 in prizes to the winners of the contest on Feb. 7, so it could be worth a shot.

Cutting Edge
For all individuals who enjoy haunted houses, Cutting Edge will open their doors on Feb. 13 and Feb. 14 for Valentine’s Day. Regardless of whether you have a date or choose to go with friends, it has the potential to be fun. Haunted houses do not normally open until October, so take this opportunity to pay for a good scaring by getting tickets.

Romeo and Juliet
Dallas Theater Center’s production of the Shakespearean tragedy will have showings throughout the month of February. Whether you think Romeo and Juliet were idiotic teenagers or true soulmates, attending this show could be a nice way to appreciate the talent of Shakespeare and the actors. Tickets cost $15 and you can purchase them here.

Carly Rae Jepson
This artist will bring their Gimme Love Tour to the House of Blues in Dallas on Feb. 19. She recently showcased her talent in musical theater during Grease Live in January, but to see her perform original songs like “Run Away With Me” and “I Really Like You”, buy tickets here.

Monica Salazar
Monica Salazar, Entertainment Editor
Hey, I'm Monica and I am the entertainment editor for The Rider. Writing has always been a part of my life and I'm glad that Newspaper gives me the outlet I need. I eat a lot of ice cream, so please buy me a pint of Ben & Jerry's. When I'm not stressing over Newspaper related things, I like to listen to music, read, write or chill out and watch Netflix until three in the morning.