10 Movies to View on Valentine’s

Johnny Castle lifts up Baby Houseman in their iconic dance scene from Dirty Dancing.

If you have a date, choose to spend the day with friends or just want to curl up alone with a tub of chocolate ice cream and heart-shaped cookies, check out this list and pick one of these heartwarming movies to watch this Valentine’s Day.

Valentine’s Day
PG-13
2010
On Valentine’s Day, the pressure to find the perfect date can be too much for some of these connected couples and singles. Featuring a well-known cast of Anne Hathaway, Queen Latifah, Taylor Lautner, Taylor Swift and many others, Valentine’s Day will be a hilarious movie to watch that both guys and girls can enjoy.

The Choice
PG-13
2016
Based on a Nicholas Sparks novel, The Choice just hit theaters for you and a loved one to watch for Valentine’s Day. When Travis, a laid-back guy with commitment issues, meets the new neighbor Gabby, a medical student who has a long-term boyfriend that left for a business trip, a relationship blossoms leaving Travis and Gabby with a difficult choice.

Endless Love
PG-13
2014
Just after graduation, a usually quiet and reserved girl receives attention from her high-school crush. Hindered by disapproving parents, this forbidden love story will keep you on the edge of your seat as the family drama unfolds. Watch this film to discover if their summer fling will endure the challenge of family ties.

The Age of Adaline
PG-13
2015
Starring Blake Lively, this timeless classic will take you back as far as the early 1900’s. The clever and lovely Adaline Bowman partakes in an accident that will keep her looking young and rejuvenated. It may seem like every woman’s dream, but not when the everlasting beauty prevents Adaline from experiencing the full life she’s been wanting for quite a few decades. Her complicated relationships keep her on the move, and the plot that twists along the way will hold your eyes captive to the screen.

The Notebook
PG-13
2004
Based on a Nicholas Sparks novel and set around World War II, Noah and Allie’s surprise meeting at a carnival leads to a summer romance that comes abruptly to a halt when life’s many complications get in the way. Allie’s upper-class family struggles with accepting the young man as their daughter’s new boyfriend.

Hitch
PG-13
2005
Set in vibrant and busy New York City, Will Smith plays a hilarious and rather creative matchmaker who can make any relationship work, except his own. While helping clients get their dream girls, Hitch develops a relationship of his own. Hiding his profession causes trouble for this new relationship when his journalist girlfriend was assigned to write an article on the mysterious “love doctor”.

Pretty in Pink
PG-13
1986
In theatres this Valentine’s Day weekend at the Parks Mall AMC, this classic chick-flick from the ‘80s features Molly Ringwald as Andie, a lonely girl who draws attention from her dream boy just before prom, leaving her best friend Duckie, played by Jon Cryer, hurt and jealous.

Never Been Kissed
PG-13
1999
Having been a nerd in high school, going undercover at a high-school for her job as a journalist probably should have been left to one of her coworkers. However, trying to prove herself as a capable reporter, Josie goes undercover anyway, enlisting the help of her brother to get in with the right crowd to gather the information she needs. While writing a report over the handsome English teacher, she falls for him and has to choose between her career and true love.

Dirty Dancing
PG-13
1987
Throwback to this classic, Oscar-winning ‘80s movie. While spending time with her well-to-do family at a resort, Baby Houseman, played by Jennifer Grey, catches the eye of dance instructor Johnny Castle, played by Patrick Swayze, who teaches lessons to the clumsy resort guests to scrape by. Their relationship, deemed unacceptable by Baby’s parents, struggles under the pressure of secrecy.

The Longest Ride
PG-13
2015
Convinced by her fun-loving friends, a studious girl, about to move to New York and begin her dream job, agrees to attend the rodeo. When a cowboy tosses his hat to the crowd, Sophia catches it and meets Luke, a famous bull-rider, who doesn’t slink away from danger. Like many other cheesy romance movies, The Longest Ride first came into the world as a Nicholas Sparks novel.