5 ACL Artists To Catch

One of Mumford and Sons members, Winston Marshall, plays the banjo at a show.
Photo by (photo by NRK P3 via Flickr cc.)
One of Mumford and Sons’ members, Winston Marshall, plays the banjo at a show.

The famous music festival Austin City Limits, or ACL, has returned. ACL will be held at Zilker Park during the first two weekends of October. Artists of the rock, indie, country, folk, electronic and hip hop genres will perform at the festival. The organizers of ACL just announced the diverse lineup for their 15th anniversary, the following list goes into more depth about some of the featured performers.

Mumford & Sons
This British rock band, who created songs like “I Will Wait” and “Believe”, will perform songs from their newest album at the music festival. Mumford & Sons will be at ACL both weekends, so you can get tickets to see them either weekend.

Kendrick Lamar
Kendrick Lamar reigns as one of the most popular rappers right now. Lamar has won seven Grammy awards and was nominated for the most awards at the Grammy’s this past year. You can see Lamar will be at the festival both weekends.

Chris Stapleton
Chris Stapleton had a breakthrough in country music recently and has been winning numerous awards, including grammies and country music awards. Stapleton is in the genre of country but also has a hint of rock and folk to his sound. See Stapleton perform weekend one of ACL this year.

Radiohead
An alternative rock band that first formed in the ‘80s, Radiohead will be on the headliners of ACL. One of their most famous songs “Creep”, became a worldwide hit in the 90s. They were on a brief hiatus but will release an album digitally on May 8, 2016. Radiohead will be at ACL both weekends for the fans of alternative-rock music.

Kacey Musgraves
An up-and-coming country artist, Musgraves sings songs such as “Follow Your Arrow” and “Blowin Smoke”. She has won two Grammies including Best Country Album. If you like country music, Outlaw Country in particular, you should definitely try to catch Musgraves at weekend one of ACL.

Katherine Powell
Katherine Powell, Entertainment Editor
Hi, I am the entertainment editor for The Rider Online. Follow me on twitter @kgpowell99