Basketball Team Faces Challenges Amidst Coaching Changes
Students Find Community, Acceptance in Theater Events
Freshman Develops Love for Reading in Book Club

5 Finals Week Tips

Finals can put much stress on students. Use these tips to help ease the stress the week brings forth. (Photo used with permission via wikipedia).

With finals coming up, it can be easy to get overwhelmed with stress and anxiety for upcoming tests. Here are some helpful tips for relieving stress during finals week.

Sign off of social media
Whether you’re browsing through Instagram, Twitter or Pinterest, they can be a huge distraction that wastes valuable study time. These social media sites can be harmful to your studying habits. You should make it a priority to give undivided attention study material. Turning phones off can help you avoid the distraction and prevent procrastination. Keep them out of reach and refrain from checking until after you have finished studying.

Take breaks
Studying non-stop can be very stressful. Extended studying can break concentration and make it harder to retain information. It can be a good idea to take a 5-10 minute break every hour. You can use these breaks to have a healthy snack, some rest, or even some exercise. This gives your mind relief from study material and reviews.

Get some sleep
All the caffeine in the world can’t replace a good night’s sleep, so it can be a good idea to get as much sleep as possible. As tempting as an all-nighter may seem, it can be extremely unhealthy. Sleep will help retain more information on study material. Adhering to a healthy sleep schedule can be the key to effectiveness.

Eat well
Eating healthy food is always a good idea. During finals week, it may be tempting to eat whatever it most convenient. This can be a big mistake. Junk food can give you instant energy, by it affects your concentration and memory when studying for a test. So avoid vending machines and try for more healthier choices, such as walnuts or carrots.

Stay Positive
A lot of stress can stem our mindsets. Finals week can be undoubtedly one of the most stressful weeks of the school year, however, staying positive can be very important. Confidence and self-assurance can be essentials during finals week.

Good luck!

Savannah Guerrero, Staff Writer
Baha Men, if you're reading this... I was the one who let the dogs out. Sorry.