7 Things Less Painful Than Rihanna Curving Drake

The 2016 MTV Video Music Awards was one for the books. Kanye West made a provoking speech, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj performed together to their new single and most importantly, Rihanna seemingly curved Drake on stage after presenting her with her video award.

That time I broke my finger
The pain of breaking my left pinky finger during second grade gym class was rough, but it was nothing in comparison to the turmoil caused by watching Rihanna curve Drake at the 2016 VMAs.

The death of the Legacy Meme Board
When the Meme Board at Legacy met its untimely end, we all felt the loss. It was similar to the loss we felt watching Rihanna curve Drake at the 2016 VMAs.

Any episode of Grey’s Anatomy
Anyone who watches Grey’s Anatomy knows the emotional hardships that go along with being a fan of the show leave permanent scarring, but even the psychological damage Grey’s induces can’t rival that of seeing Rihanna curve Drake at the 2016 VMAs.

The iPhone 7’s lack of a headphone jack

After finding out the iPhone 7 will be released sans headphone jack, feelings of nostalgia, abandonment and hurt were not uncommon. They were also not uncommon after viewing Rihanna curve Drake at the 2016 VMAs.

Mistakenly waving back at someone who wasn’t waving at you

The slow lowering of your hand as you realize the person you were waving back at was not actually waving at you is awkward, but not as awkward as Drake probably felt when Rihanna curved him at the 2016 VMAs.

Calling your teacher “mom”

Almost everyone probably has a memory of accidentally referring to an elementary school teacher as “mom” during class, and the inevitable embarrassment/classmate mockery that ensued. Events like that can imprint on us, not unlike the way Rihanna curving drake at the 2016 VMAs did.

Saying the wrong answer confidently in class

The next time you taken over by a wave of self-consciousness because the answer you just shouted out in math class was wrong, remember you weren’t curved on stage by Rihanna at the 2016 VMAs.

Rebekah Rosenstein, Staff Writer
i want my bio 2 just be "Get crazy with the cheese whiz." - Beck
$3000
$5000