Basketball Team Faces Challenges Amidst Coaching Changes
Students Find Community, Acceptance in Theater Events
Freshman Develops Love for Reading in Book Club

Six Ways to Spend Spring Break

LBTV: Things to do During Spring Break

Finally.

We’ve been waiting since Christmas. MLK day was cool, President’s day was great, but neither can come close in length or in anticipation to a week of respite: Spring Break (Duh duh duuuhhh). There are so many things to do, so let’s not waste a day.

Go Camping
Time to lay down the electronics and get out in nature. Grab some family or friends, some firewood, a tent and a frisbee. Spend time together around a fire or on the lake. What could be more relaxing than a cool afternoon in a hammock under a shade tree or staying up late talking around the flames and looking at the stars?

Six Flags
Time to load up the car and spend a day at the big six. The park features all kinds of rides, activities, food and events. Beside the New Texas Giant and the good ol’ Titan, Six Flags will unveil three new Batman villain themed rides, as well as new VR capabilities for the Shockwave.

Spring Cleaning
Really? Why you gotta bring that up? You know your garage is a mess. Make a day out of it. Play with all the cool stuff you find from your childhood, have a yard sale, give some old clothes to Mission Arlington or the Wesley Mission Center. You’ll thank you later.

Visit the park
Frisbee? Volleyball? Tag football (if you’re a wuss)? Grab some friends and gear, send your little siblings to the playground and get a little active. Walk the trails at Oliver Nature Park, play soccer at Rose Park or serve up some tennis at Stovall Park.

Go to the movies
Although it’s not quite summer and many of the blockbusters are still to come, there are some great, new movies in theaters. Kong: Skull Island releases March 10, Beauty and the Beast on March 17, and movies like Logan, Hidden Figures, and Split are currently in theaters.

Sleep
Oh. Yeah. When the world is too real, sleep until noon, and then, take a nap. School is hard, and you’ve earned it.

Jake Stacks, News Editor
Jesus. That's pretty much it.