Fab Lab
Fab Lab

Legacy Honors Local Fallen Soldier

Friday during sixth block, the student body gathered on the front lawn for the funeral procession for Private First Class, Jesse Dietrich who died Aug 25 in Afganistan. Dietrich graduated from Venus High School but was raised in Mansfield. His funeral procession had an honor guard, leaving from Skyvue Funeral Home at 9:00 a.m. and going down Main Street before turning on Broad Street to go to First Baptist Church.

The Lions Club set out flags in his honor and will leave them up until Sunday night for 9/11. Some of the store owners and employees in downtown Mansfield stood outside waving flags as the procession went down Main Street. City Hall and the Public Administration building closed so their employees could line the route. The fire department also placed an engine at Broad and Main with a flag.

“As a parent, I feel for any family that loses a loved one. As an American, I have tremendous gratitude for those who have chosen to put their life on the line to defend the principles of this country,” Principal David Wright said. “As a principal, I have a great pride in seeing our students and staff recognize that “it is not about me, it is about others.”

[Read more about Jesse Dietrich here]

[nggallery id=20]

$3000
$5000