New Club Brings Together Anime Fans

Students in the anime club play rock paper scissors and jeopardy during their meeting.

A commotion of music and voices poured out of room AY322 where the new anime club met after school. Students lined up and chatted while signing their name in a notebook and grabbing a nametag to write their name on. The club members, old and new, moved and sat around the desks, discussing their school day and how excited they were.

“This is the anime club and thank you for coming,” sophomore Brittany Candia yelled over the many conversations that went on in the room. “Thanks to all the old comers that came, that means a lot to me.”

With more people coming in, the science classroom, built to hold up to 33 people, now has well more than 40 people trying to find a seat in a chair or floor. After the desks were taken, students either sat down on the floor, counters, on the desks tops or at the lab tables.

The anime club started off with introductions of the leaders and the group members that were there at the very first meeting. The elections for the group council was about to start.

“Hi I’m Cameron. I love to draw art, and I can make food for people and this club,” freshman Cameron Remshaw said. “So I thought, why not?”

Cheering and laughing went on and then the election was finally over by voting on their iPads which eight people the group members wanted for the council. The council members were chosen: Erika Sanchez, Riley Fogarty, Richie Chan, Iva Galvan, Brianna Candia, Jocelyn Ramirez, Melia Henson, and Lindell Bachofer. With the elections over, it was time to play some Anime Jeopardy.

“I know this one,” Mrs. Kercher yelled loudly as she jumped up and down with excitement. “Who is on my team?”

The group around Mrs. Kercher raised their hands and claimed her as their team captain. With being chosen as captain, Mrs. Kercher answered the question on the screen.

“It’s Death Note!”

The atmosphere of the club during Anime Jeopardy was electric as the club members jumped up and down to answer the questions of the game. Many popular anime, like Ouran High School Club and Black Butler show up on the screen accompanied with summaries and quotes. The students answered with enthusiasm they saw anime that they knew appear on the screen.

“Team One is the winner! What anime would you like to watch?” Brittany Candia announced as the game concluded.

With an anime picked, the club members sat down to watch Dragon Ball Z: Cooler’s Revenge. The day concluded as the epic battle between Goku and Cooler ended with Goku blasting Cooler out of the atmosphere and into the blazing sun.