College Night Offers Insight to Students’ Future

Mansfield ISD’s annual College and Career Night will take place at the Center of Performing Arts on Tuesday, October 21 from 6 – 8:30 p.m.

College and Career Night offers students and their parents a chance to further their knowledge about college and career options. Students will be able to meet college representatives face to face and ask questions.

“I think it’s a great opportunity to visit with college recruiters [and] find out where they want to apply,” Ms. Dana Vorsino, the lead counselor at Legacy, said.

To avoid long lines, students are encouraged to register online at www.gotocollegefairs.com and fill out the information needed. Make sure to select “TACRAO October 20 – 24” as the school — the site does not list Mansfield ISD specifically. Once finished, print the barcode out and have a college representative scan it. This allows them to record contact information and interests submitted by the students online. Because of a time constraint, visiting every booth can be difficult. In order to avoid this problem, make a list of college booths to visit first.

When talking with the college representatives, consider asking these questions:

-What is the student population?
-How large is your freshmen class?
-What sports are played at your campus?
-How much does it cost per year to attend?
-What GPA does the college require?

Junior Parker Brown plans to attend College and Career Night. Brown looks forward to getting a paramedics certification to become a firefighter, but still deciding on what college he wants to get his certification with.

“I’d love to see all of the colleges and what they have to offer me,” Brown said.

Jacob Friedberg
Jacob Friedberg, Staff Writer
My name is Jacob. This is my second year on the newspaper staff. I am known as the "graphic guru". I am growing strongly but slowly. I plan on attending Oklahoma State University or Texas A&M University. I have a F-150, people say I look tiny in it.
$3000
$5000