Advisory Changes Implemented to Encourage Attendance
Everything You Need to Know About the Solar Eclipse

American Sniper: Review

Photo by Handout
“American Sniper” is up for Best Picture in the 87th Academy Awards. Kyle Gallner, left, as Goat-Winston and Bradley Cooper as Chris Kyle in Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Village Roadshow Pictures’ drama “American Sniper.” (Photo courtesy Warner Bros. Pictures/TNS)

Another phenomenally directed movie by Clint Eastwood; American Sniper will have you crying, cheering and hanging on the edge of your seat, with an ending that will make you swell with pride for America.

The movie begins with Chris Kyle (Bradley Cooper), a Texas native who grew up hunting with his father and spent his twenties riding broncs in the rodeo circuit with his brother. After witnessing footage of the 9/11 attacks, Kyle enlists in the U.S. Navy and goes through training to become a S.E.A.L. The rest of the movie follows Kyle through his life while serving and through his life at home.

The movie is a must see, every second filled with action or riveting emotion. Although packed with cuss words, Eastwood focuses mainly on the emotion and keeps the inappropriate content to a minimum and leaves the movie virtually kid-friendly. However, American Sniper may not be great for the weak-stomached because it contains some excruciatingly hard-to-watch scenes.

Others, including Kyle’s father, were not completely pleased with the outcome of the movie, because the perception of the events came mostly from Kyle’s wife. However, as someone who didn’t know much background on the story, I didn’t find much to criticize.

I was taken back by the amount of care that was put into correctly depicting Kyle’s character. Cooper did research for months on Kyle’s life, his personality and his personal connections in order to better play him. They only fault I found in this was the over exaggerated Texas drawl by Bradley Cooper. Being from Texas, it just didn’t sound quite right.

As a whole, the movie was exceptional and the authentic footage at the end sealed the deal. Overall an incredible movie and a must see for all.

Alanna Zaskoda
Alanna Zaskoda, Editor In Chief
Aloha. My name is Alanna Maria Zaskoda, but if you can't pronounce that you can give me a nickname. I am an avid Harry Potter fan and fashion fanatic. My horse is my life and I'll be your best friend. So shoot me an email or a tweet or a text and get to know me. That is all.