Golf Simulator Up To Par

The golf simulator assists the golf players by helping them practice indoors.

The golf team has finished the bulk of their modifications to their on campus Golf Room, including the edition of two hitting bays, a chipping net, and a 75 sensor launch monitor that provides accurate feedback on the golfers’ spin rate and angle of attack. The new addition to the golf team’s arsenal will provide the athletes with the opportunity to perfect their game right at home. Head Coach Word has been overseeing the project.

“It’s a great marriage of athletics and technology,” Coach Word said. “A lot of college teams have facilities like these so we wanted to step up [our training].”

This long-brewing idea of Word’s has come to fruition and ran in total about $5,000. All of the modifications funds were raised completely through the parents at one fundraiser tournament: The Wendy Sardella. The result is a full golf simulator and a great new tool for golfers like senior Hunter Caldwell.

“We can practice a lot more now,” Caldwell said. “It gives me an opportunity to go and get a few rounds in on my off blocks.”

The Golf Room is currently fully functional, but additional improvements are to be some time in the next year. Word hopes to add a 10×14 ft putting green along with some field turf for the rest of the space.