Inclement Weather Make-Up

Students required to attend school on Good Friday
Photo by Sterling Greback
Good Friday, April 3, added as a regular school day to calendar.

Recent inclement weather caused additional make-up days to be added to the school calendar. In an effort to gain input from parents, teachers and students, people voted so that the selected days would be approved by the majority.

“The goal was to get everyone’s opinion,” Principal, Dr. Shelly Butler said. “It was to take in everybody’s voice before the school district made a decision.”

However, the majority vote was to implement the inclement weather day on April 3, Good Friday, which has created a small conflict for those of Catholic faith, like junior Cason Kuper.

“I still plan to come to school, but I’m pretty upset about it,” Kuper said. “If others don’t believe in Jesus Christ then it is merely just a day off, but to those of us who worship, it is a day of reflection, mourning and fasting until we can once again celebrate His glorious ascension.”

The student handbook does allow leave for religious holy days. Students should bring parent written note that mentions the religious holiday or the church service program. Absences for holy days will not be counted against exemptions as long as students provide proof. Because the make-up day falls on Good Friday, Dr. Butler wishes that all students that don’t need to take a religious absence will be present.

“I think that we should be here every day that the doors are open,” Dr. Butler said. “That would be my ideal.”

[Editor’s Note: The previous version of the story mentioned a parent email. Legacy’s attendance office does not accept any emails for any missed attendance on any day.]

Alanna Zaskoda
Alanna Zaskoda, Editor In Chief
Aloha. My name is Alanna Maria Zaskoda, but if you can't pronounce that you can give me a nickname. I am an avid Harry Potter fan and fashion fanatic. My horse is my life and I'll be your best friend. So shoot me an email or a tweet or a text and get to know me. That is all.
Sterling Greback
Sterling Greback, Photographer
Hey guys, I'm Sterling Greback. I have been on staff as a photographer for 2 years now, and I love it! Being a part of the Yearbook has been really important to me. I'm a junior this year, and I really love to go fishing. One of my friends has a boat and we go out on the lake all of the time. I also like BMX during my free time and playing video games (Can't wait for the new PS4). I have a pet cat, snake and turtle. I really hope this year will be fun! [email protected]