Boys’ Golf Sweeps District For Third Consectutive Year

The+varsity+boys+golf+team+places+in+the+district+tournament.+
Photo by Sterling Greback
The varsity boys’ golf team places in the district tournament.

Sophomore Chandler Blanton takes three practice swings. Once he feels confident he steps forward and sends the little white ball flying through the air onto the fairway.

Playing on varsity since freshman year Blanton has always had a passion for the sport of golf. Golf has “taught Blanton how to battle back” on and off the course. Playing well at district helped the Legacy golf team place very well.

“You have to stay composed through the rounds,” Blanton said. “I have also become more mature and it has helped me play better.”

In the past two years the legacy golf team has placed first and second at the district tournament. This year, they did not fall short of their recent years at district and placed first and second in the tournament for the third year in a row. Senior Austin Rhodes played at district and placed well.

“I placed well in my opinion,” Rhodes said. “I shot good scores even though the weather was not on my side.”

Although the team placed good at the district tournament, the team fell short of their expectations at the area tournament. They placed sixth place and were disappointed at the way they performed.

“This is the one of the best teams that I have coached at legacy,” Coach Word said. “This group of golfers has broken school records and had very good potential.”

Garrett Brantley
Garrett Brantley, Staff Writer
My name is Garrett Brantley I am a junior and I'm on the varsity football team. Texas country is where it's at and I love spending my time at the drag strip and with my family. I'm a pretty easy-going person and like to be stress free and open minded.
Sterling Greback
Sterling Greback, Photographer
Hey guys, I'm Sterling Greback. I have been on staff as a photographer for 2 years now, and I love it! Being a part of the Yearbook has been really important to me. I'm a junior this year, and I really love to go fishing. One of my friends has a boat and we go out on the lake all of the time. I also like BMX during my free time and playing video games (Can't wait for the new PS4). I have a pet cat, snake and turtle. I really hope this year will be fun! [email protected]