Can Drive Participation Could be Better

Today during newspaper I ventured around the school to check up on how the NHS Can Drive was coming along. Sadly, I discovered not many classes had brought cans. The only class I was able to find that brought cans was Choir. I’m glad they have taken the initiative and started bringing cans without any prodding; amazing job Choir. I’m sure there are other classes that have started bringing cans, but it just is not enough. I think the promotion of the can drive hasn’t been sufficient but that can change right now.

Tell your third period classes about the can drive and get them to start bringing them. There are two class periods left to bring cans. On Monday go up to the teacher and ask them to bring it up to the class, and get as many people as possible to bring cans on Wednesday. I know Legacy can pull together and bring cans. Write it on your calendar, your hand, whatever it takes to remember. Legacy can’t let down the community. The holiday season is fast approaching and local food banks are already low on cans. Let’s pull together and bring cans.

I don’t want us to fail at anything we do. That is not how we work. We try our hardest and do the best we can. The can drive ends Nov. 5 and the winner receives a pizza party. Make sure to bring all the extra cans possible to help out the less fortunate. Be sure to tell all your friends and let’s really get this can drive started.

The flyer for the NHS Can Drive can be found here.

$3000
$5000