NHS Hosts Bronco Ball

Seniors Tiffany Vo and Shianne Davis prepare lemonade for the second NHS Bronco Ball.
Photo by Yibran Franco

Pulsing lights. Pounding music. The only thing that could have made the room more stereotypical would have been a large punch bowl. At the 2017 Bronco Ball, students filled the dance floor as the music changed. Turning to each other, they laughed and moved to the sounds of V.I.C. and Cupid. Students stood in lines as they turned around the dance floor, some confident and some uncertain.

“I’ve never done this before,” said senior Tiffany Vo as she tried to learn the moves along with her friends

In the back of the cafeteria, snacks lined the tables. Strawberry shortcakes and brownies disappeared quickly, and students mulled around the tables munching on their sliders.

“Hey, is anyone else coming in?” one of the NHS members asked after serving a plate of chips and queso.

Further back still, a scene was set up. Branches lay on a white sheet next to a table of props. Girls mixed and matched them posing for pictures and holding up peace signs in front of the enchanted forest backdrop. One student turned to her friend with a mask on.

“I think it brings me from like a five to an eight,” she said jokingly. “It covers up most of my face.”

As 10:30 rolled around, students began to file out of the cafeteria and geography teacher Mr. Greg Owens flipped on the lights and the NHS members started cleaning up, rolling chairs and tables into the storage closet. The night came to a close, and students left the cafeteria empty once again, any semblance of the enchanted night left behind.

Ashley Bow, Personalities Editor
I am a section leader in band and an editor for this wonderful newspaper. I can't wait to have fun and make some new memories in my senior year!
Yibran Franco, Photographer
Hi my name is Yibran Franco Febo, I am a senior at Legacy High School. I love taking pictures and collecting records. My favorite band is Metallica so pretty much I'm a head banger.