Holiday Gift Guide

Check out this list for the best places, best prices and safest items to look for for any holiday present.  (Creative Commons Photo)
Check out this list for the best places, best prices and safest items to look for for any holiday present. (Creative Commons Photo)

Everyone has fallen victim to the anxiety and stress of holiday shopping. Whether you don’t where to go, what to get, dealing with a slim budget or all of the above, you don’t stand alone. After sixteen years of stumbling around Target wondering what to get with my $14.71 in my pocket, I’ve determined the best places, best prices, and safest items to look for for any holiday present.

Clothes Mentor
Oriented for girls and women, this store can be great for clothes shopping for the women in your life, whether it be your girlfriend, mom, sister, bestie or all of the above. This quaint thrift store chain has a variety of sizes for dresses, shoes, jeans, workout clothes, tops and accessories for considerably lower than anywhere else.

Salvation Army
As the charity and donation chain best known for ringing bells outside of retail stores, it has one of the widest selections available for clothes, furniture and knick knacks alike. Once it opened back in 1865, this chain has created a positive reputation through the years, which reflects in everything you buy.

Plato’s Closet
On a more local note, this diverse thrift store has clothes for any man, woman or child of any shape or size. Still don’t find anything you like? This store will also buy any of your gently used clothes or accessories and put some extra gift money in your pocket.

Goodwill
As one of the most popular donation centers in America, this store never fails to have the widest selection of toys, decor, clothes, furniture and much more. You’re bound to find something for everyone in this incredibly well-known chain.

Wesley Mission Center
This much smaller, vastly-underrated organization has a plentiful selection of appliances, clothes, decor, entertainment, accessories and anything else you could need at prices close to a steal you can get without going to jail.

Now that you know where to go, what should you be looking for that will delight any gift recipient?

Framed Pictures
What better present to remind someone of you than the most literal visual representation. Whether of pets, friends, family or any scenic view that’d catch their eye, the sentiment behind a moment in a frame will please any picky gift receiver.

Electronics Accessories
Easy to find and often dirt cheap, everyone could always use an extra phone case, aux cord, charger or set of earbuds. If absolutely nothing else, an iTunes gift card will suffice.

Journal
In our technology-obsessed world, everyone could make some use of a journal. Whether it be a sketchbook for the artist in your life or a planner for the slacker in your life, your receiver will almost surely find this gift both sentimental and useful.

Winter Gear
Let’s face it: Texans are not built to bear winter. Considering Christmas just happens to be in the thick of it, any gift receiver will be grateful to receive a scarf, beanie, boots, blanket, gloves, hand warmers and anything else that might make the winter survivable.

Ava Green
Ava Green, Staff Writer
My full name is Ava Noel Green, but everyone just calls me Ava. I'm a junior this year, and its my third year playing clarinet in the marching band and second year writing in newspaper. I love healthy food, chocolate, and all animals, but none more than elephants. I also really enjoy instant photography. I'm looking forward to writing and sharing this year!