Rose Watch 2018

The Bachelors 22nd season finale aired March 5 and 6, 2018.
The Bachelor’s 22nd season finale aired March 5 and 6, 2018.

Rose Watch is back finally, after a long hiatus. Last year The Rider did Rose Watch over Nick’s season of the Bachelor. While starting mid-season this year, we haven’t missed much. So far this season has been incredibly boring. The reason why: Arie. The choice for the Bachelor was actually the worst choice they could’ve chosen. They picked the most normal, uninteresting and just plain man they could find. Who should’ve been the bachelor? Peter, the runner-up from Rachel’s season.

Since unfortunately Arie is our bachelor and there’s nothing we can do about it, might as well sit back and be entertained by the drama the women make. But wait, there hasn’t been enough drama this season. This past week the drama is starting to heat up though.

THE DATES

This season’s villain Krystal, went on a 2 on 1 date with quirky, sweet, Kendall. You can probably guess how this will end. Long story short, after Krystal tried to manipulate Arie to get the rose he saw right through her and sent her packing. Safe to say I will not miss Krystal’s super high pitched, annoying voice.

This week the girls were in Paris, the city of love. It’s so romantic to be in the city of love with a guy, you’ve known for like 4 weeks and his ten other girlfriends. There were some cute dates, I guess. None that stood out to me. Arie went on a date with Lauren, but I’m pretty sure he only kept her on because he likes the way she looks.

Arie also went on a date with Jacqueline, the two have strong chemistry. Even though Arie told Jacqueline he thought she was too intelligent for him. So I guess Arie isn’t very bright.

Arie gave the group date rose to Bekah M, who’s 22. He’s 36. Love has no age, I guess. Becca K and Arie do have really passionate chemistry, I just don’t know how the age gap will work for them in the future.

WHO DIDN’T RECEIVE A ROSE
The two women sent home were Jenna and Chelsea. I wasn’t surprised about Jenna, there wasn’t a connection between the two. I was surprised about single mother Chelsea being sent home. She received the first impression rose and seemed to have a connection with Arie. Maybe it wasn’t as strong as his connections with the other women.

The episode ended on Lauren saying how insecure she was about all the other women. As if this wasn’t what she signed up for.

POWER RANKINGS
It’s time for the BACHELOR POWER RANKINGS where we rank each contestant. To rank high on the list, you have to be a mix of entertaining, funny, genuine and you have to actually seem like you might have a chance at winning Arie’s love. We’re down to seven women.

#1 Bekah M
While Bekah M may be the youngest one left, with a 14 year age gap between her and Arie. They have the best chemistry. I can’t say for sure what the future holds for the two though.

#2 Seinne
Seinne has something pure and genuine about her. It seems like Arie is interested in her, I could see her going far. But I’m not sure if she will win the whole thing.

#3 Jacqueline
I honestly had no idea who Jacqueline was until this week. Her and Arie had a one on one date that seemed to well. Arie even talked about their possible future together.

#4 Kendall
Kendall received the rose on the 2 on 1 date. She also seems genuine, maybe a little weird but there’s nothing wrong with that. I don’t see her winning, but she may stay on for a little while longer.

#5 Becca K
Becca K isn’t at the top of the list this week because she didn’t stand out this week. That being said, I could see Becca K winning the whole thing. She was the first one on one date, and I just see her and Arie together. They make a good fit together.

#6 Lauren B
Lauren B had a one on one date with Arie this week, but I didn’t see much there. Arie even thought about sending her home at one point during the date. I think Lauren isn’t ready for a relationship, let alone in this type of setting.

#7 Tia
I think Tia might have a shot at winning but she didn’t do anything interesting this week. She also told Arie she was falling in love with him last. It was weird and too soon in my opinion, but maybe he’s into that.

Will the jealousy be too much for Lauren? Will Arie ever become more interesting? Find out next Monday on ABC at 8/7c.

Katherine Powell
Katherine Powell, Entertainment Editor
Hi, I am the entertainment editor for The Rider Online. Follow me on twitter @kgpowell99