Early Voting Begins for Proposed Bond
Early Voting Begins for Proposed Bond

6 Summer Snacks

Used with permission from Creative Commons

Summer snacks pacify the everyday cravings for food, while also making for picture-perfect and aesthetically pleasing Instagram posts. Munch on these this summer.

North American Cantaloupe

Although this cantaloupe cannot be found everywhere, hunting the extra mile for it will definitely be worth it. Sometimes so sweet it tastes like honey, it’s one snack that is healthy and tastes like heaven.

Watermelon

Cut out slices, like the old-fashioned way, or put them on popsicle sticks. This way makes watermelon popsicle sticks. If the watermelon isn’t sweet, add a little bit of sugar. This fruit will always make it feel like summer.

Lemon Pops

We live in Texas, so it’s bound to be around 100 degrees fahrenheit or higher on a daily basis. To cool down, make fresh lemonade, pour it into a popsicle mold, and freeze it. Make this popsicle your own by adding chunks of fruit or sugar. Knowing exactly what is in the popsicle eliminates concern about calories.

Ice Cream

Whether it’s a sandwich, a milkshake or straight out the carton, it will help cool off. Ice cream always reminds me of happy times from my childhood. Eat some ice cream and forget the stress of life.

Water

Although not technically considered a snack, it’s very important. With the extreme temperatures, anyone can easily get dehydrated. Spice up a cup of water by adding fruit or lime to it. Far better than soda; it tastes amazing and has zero calories.

Yogurt Smoothies

Homemade smoothies: healthier and always taste better than store bought. Throw some greek yogurt, ice and fruit in a blender and have a delicious smoothie.

Summer Barakat
Summer Barakat, Staff Writer
I prefer the winter.