Getting to Know Donald Trump

November 9, 2016

Photo by Gage Skidmore (Flikr.com)

Donald Trump speaks at a rally in Arizona

A Timeline of Trump

June 14, 1946: The Beginning of a President-Elect
Mr. Donald John Trump was born on June 14, 1946 in Queens, New York, to parents Frederick C. and Mary MacLeod Trump.

Feb. 14, 1983: The Opening of Trump Tower
Trump Tower opens in the middle of Midtown Manhattan, New York City. The building serves as the headquarters for The Trump Organization.

Nov. 12, 1987: Making the New York Times’ Bestseller
Mr. Trump’s book of advice, The Art of the Deal, publishes and stays on the New York Times bestseller list for 51 consecutive weeks.

January 1989: Time for Fame
Mr. Trump appears on the cover of Time Magazine for the first time.

1991: Money Runs Out
Trump Organization declares bankruptcy for the first time.

1992: Twice Broke
Once again, The Donald files for bankruptcy.

2004: Third Time’s the Charm
Third time’s the charm? This makes three declares for bankruptcy on Mr. Trump’s part.

March 2000: The Simpsons Predict the Future
A Simpsons episode aires in which Mr. Trump becomes President of the United States. The prophecy came true 16 years later.

Jan. 6, 2007: Born a Star
Mr. Trump receives his very own star on the Hollywood walk of fame.

2009: Seeing a Pattern
It seems bankruptcy remains a hobby for this soon-to-be president-elect as he claims his indebtedness for the fourth time.

June 16, 2015: Trump Announces Presidency
Mr. Trump officially announced his running for the presidency. During this speech, he stated that, “When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best… They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

July 19, 2016: Becoming the Candidate
On July 19, 2016, Mr. Trump became the official Republican candidate for president after winning the majority of the primaries and caucuses.

Oct. 24, 2016: Chances Down to Zero
With 15 days left in the election race, Mr. Trump’s chances of success were dipping toward the lower percentages according to the polls. Nevada was moved from being a “toss-up” to a “lean Democratic” state. Utah moved from being a “lean Republican” state to a “toss-up” after independent candidate Evan Mcmullin showed considerable progress in the polls. McMullin had succeeded in pulling many of Republican voters away from Mr. Trump, which tips the scale heavily in Clinton’s favor. The math now equals out to Clinton having 323 electoral votes either in her favor or against it.

Oct. 26, 2016: A Star Demolished
Mr. Trump’s star on the Hollywood walk of fame shatters to pieces after a civilian dressed as a construction worker demolishes the five-pointed icon.

Nov. 9, 2016: Trump Elected President-Elect of the United States
On Wednesday, Nov. 9, 2016, Mr. Donald John Trump was elected as the President of the United States after winning 23 states and a total of 279 electoral college votes. At 3 a.m. EST, Mr. Trump addressed the nation, saying, “Now it’s time for America to bind the wound of division; have to get together. To all republicans and Democrats and independents across this nation, I say it is time for us to come together as one united people.”