Legacy Cheer Puts On Clinic

The Legacy cheer team will host a Cheer Clinic on Dec. 17 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the varsity gym. Registration ends the day of clinic and parents can sign up their students on a google form. Senior Laura Dillion participated in the last two cheer clinics at Legacy.

“The best part [of clinic] is realizing how much the girls look up to us and want to be just like us,” Dillon said. “We see them go out for middle school and high school cheer knowing we have taught them the skills they have.”

At clinic, cheerleaders eighth grade and under will learn a holiday dance, cheers and chants that they will have a chance to perform at the halftime of a varsity basketball game on Dec. 19.

“We love watching them perform for their parents and get excited saying ‘mommy watch me,’” Dillion said.

Registration costs $30 beforehand and $35 at the door. Students are encouraged to bring snacks and a drink to have during the clinic.

“It is important for the young girls to experience this because they should find a sport or activity that they love and carry that love throughout high school or even college,” Dillion said.

Lauren Hargrove
Lauren Hargrove, The Rider Editor-in-Chief
My name is Lauren Hargrove and I'm Editor in Chief of TheRiderOnline.com. I enjoy football games, dogs and hanging out with friends. I'm sarcastic and sassy and honestly, I'm here for the food and to write I guess.