MISD Competes in Battle of the Bells Competition

MISD will hold a Battle of the Bells competition in order to help raise money for the Salvation Army. MISD has participated in these Kettle Drives for several years, but this will be the first year a trophy will be rewarded to the school with the most bells rung throughout the season.

“My hope is for MISD employees and students use this opportunity to raise money for the Salvation Army to meet the needs of families in and around our community,” Ms. Amy Rejeck said. “Rewarding the campus with the most bells rung serves as a motivation to get lots of people to participate.”  

The battle will continue through December ninth in front Walmart on Walnut Creek Dr. and may count towards community service hours if needed. Rejeck believes this will be a great way to give back to the community during the holiday season.

“Everyone is welcomed to participate,” Rejeck said. “I can’t think of a better way to get into the holiday spirit.”

Felicity Veliz, Newspaper
Felicity was put into journalism class by mistake...Twice. Never did she expect writing to change her life forever. She’s currently a senior at Legacy High School and plans to attend the Arizona State University next Fall. Felicity finds blogs the most interesting to write because it’s a way to connect with her audience. Because writing has always been a passion of hers, she hopes her writing makes an impact in your life, just like it has in hers.