JROTC Now Funded By Army

After school on Mondays and Fridays, JROTC splits up into teams completing physical training.  Tuesdays and Thursdays consist of Drill Team practice and on Wednesdays, they practice Color Guard. JROTC also performs extra activities like presenting the flags at PTSA meetings.

“JROTC is time-consuming, but it is worth it,” Veronica Castro said.

On Sept. 26, JROTC was placed in a forest, split into teams with their objective being to find points on the map they are given. The team that finds all the points in the quickest amount of time wins.

Sergeant Major Eric Smith is now directing JROTC, as the Senior Army Instructor. Now funded by the U.S. Army, their uniforms have been changed from green camouflage suits to Class A uniforms. They also went from NDCC, (National Defense Cadet Core) to an official JROTC class.

“Being funded by the Army is like rising to a new level, because we can do much more,” Sergeant Smith said.

They have already been to eight Color Guard events, and plan on attending eight drill meets, when they only went to one. Legacy is also the school with the most JROTC cadets in Mansfield with 81.

$3000
$5000