College Signing Day Celebrates Seniors

Seniors Clayton Franks and Karlee Kroner participate in the College Signing Day. The event included cake and a photo booth to celebrate all seniors going to college.

Seth Miller

92

4

The Legacy Avid program hosted their annual College Signing Day for graduating seniors on Thursday, May 3. Graduating seniors such as senior Alex Vo gathered to celebrate their achievements throughout their time at Legacy.

“It made students feel successful,” Vo said. “It made students feel that our time here was worth every single second.”

Students gathered in the gym foyer where picture booths had been set up, cake was served, and seniors decorated papers with their college logos. Principal Dr. Butler spoke to the seniors about their responsibilities in college, reassuring them on their future endeavors outside of high school.

“I thought that it was a real eye-opener to show how Legacy prepared all the students for college,” Vo said. “It was a real eye-opener to see how it wasn’t just me that was worried about going to the next step, it was also the rest of the senior class.”

Avid wants every student to feel that their time in high school has been worth it. With continuously growing numbers, the program hopes to continue growing and celebrating the achievements of students in the future.

“We have special days for athletes to sign,” avid sponsor Jennifer Roberts said, “so it’s kind of a signing day for everyone else to have a special day to celebrate their next step after high school.”

Matthew McCoy, Staff Writer

I’m a junior who has way too many things to do at any given moment in the day. Besides my countless hours spent at band rehearsal, debate prepping, studying for AP classes, or you know, writing for the school newspaper, my hobbies include reading up on politics or attending city council meetings, I know, nerdy. But most importantly, I’m the best at being humble.

Seth Miller, Photographer

Hey, I’m Seth. I’m a Junior. Pictures are pretty cool, that’s really why I’m here. I play Varsity Tennis. Oh and check my website seththephotoguy.com.