Looking Ahead

Looking Ahead

Writing a blog happens to be the only time I can express something I’m very interested in through my writing. Thanks Mallett. And with it being currently 2 a.m, I guess you can say I write at this time because I have a lot on my mind.

I did talk about how stressful my junior year was in my previous article on The Rider. And as happy as I am the year ended, I still wish things could have been easier. But because school has started back up, It excites me to see what this year will bring me.

I can’t wait to write my final blog on my last days of high school but because the year has just begun, I feel the need to write something I’d like to call a pre-final blog.

I made it. Senior year arrived faster than expected. Who knew how fast four years can go by? This year will be the time to say goodbye to high school and start something new in my life. I don’t think it has actually hit me. I will be moving on to the real world. It feels like I have a long way to go.

In nine months, I will be graduating and seeing everyone for the last time. I feel like everyone has mixed emotions about this time in their life. It’s bittersweet. I don’t know how I feel about graduation just yet. Maybe it hasn’t hit me, but I know it will as time goes by.

All my life I’ve expected highschool to be how it’s played out to be in the movies. It makes high school seem like your only considered great if you’re involved, talk to people, attend the social school events. As great as all those things are, high school focuses on much more important things: being yourself and keeping your circle small.

High school has been life changing in some ways. Throughout my four years of high school, I’ve joined several extracurricular activity programs where I’ve met some of the greatest people in my life. I’ve been given the opportunity to express myself the way I want to and find out who I really am.

Journalism has given me the opportunity to grow and love it more throughout the years. I am very happy to say I plan to major in journalism at the University of North Texas. I’m excited to leave soon but nervous to go out into the real world.

Maybe I’m ready for the real world. Maybe I’m not. I do know I’m ready for something new. But just because I’m ready for something new, doesn’t necessarily mean I should rush my last year of high school. I’ll live in the moment and do things I’ve always wanted to do because once senior year flies by, you can’t get it back.

But until then, I’ll enjoy my senior year, make new friends, and focus on me. I’ll try my best to not be caught up on what’s yet to come, but live for now. Who knows? Maybe I’ll find what I’m looking for much farther from here. I’m already on my way.

Felicity Veliz
Felicity Veliz, Newspaper
Felicity was put into journalism class by mistake...Twice. Never did she expect writing to change her life forever. She’s currently a senior at Legacy High School and plans to attend the Arizona State University next Fall. Felicity finds blogs the most interesting to write because it’s a way to connect with her audience. Because writing has always been a passion of hers, she hopes her writing makes an impact in your life, just like it has in hers.
$3000
$5000