JV Players Who Make a Difference

Junior varsity football players gets ready for kickoff return during their game against Aledo on Sept. 14.
Photo by Alexa Ebert

Every sports team works a little bit like a car. Every part, regardless of how big or small they are, proves to be essential for the overall function and fulfillment of purpose. If you’ve ever been to a junior varsity game, you can probably tell that they all take care of every single part to their car. Here’s seven athletes you can find on Legacy’s junior varsity football team.

Team Pick-Me-Up

Junior running back Joshua Osterloh can be heard by anybody in the stadium at junior varsity football games. Osterloh never lets his teammates hang their heads and keeps a high, excited energy going no matter what the scoreboard looks like.  

Playmaker

Junior Tru Edwards seemingly lives in the end zone. Edwards’ speed, height and efficiency comes to his aid. When pressure gets heavy on the line, the quarterback searches for somewhere to keep the ball safe from the hands of the opposing team’s defensive lineman. Edwards can usually be trusted, even if he isn’t wide open, to make the play.

Big Hitter

Sophomore Malachi Mitchell can always be counted on to keep the other team’s offense on their side of 50-yard-line and out of the backfield. Mitchell makes the big hits that helps defense hand the ball back to offense.

Secret Weapon

Junior defensive lineman Luke Rogan may not be the player that gives you chills when you watch the Broncos warm up, but he’s definitely a player that you remember when the game ends. From filling in on offense when needed to recovering up fumbles, Rogan sets the tone of the game on both sides of the ball.

Shot Caller

Junior Terrance McGill moves up and down the sideline at junior varsity games speaking with his teammates all night. You can hear McGill suggesting small ways to improve, informing his teammates of things he notices about the other team and reminding them of their individual jobs for each play.

Helping Hand

Junior Nic Willingham got injured earlier this season, but has still been at every practice and game this season. Willingham keeps himself busy whether he’s passing balls to the quarterback during offensive pratice drills or making managers laugh with his crazy antics.

Fearless Rookie

Sophomore quarterback Richard Rocquemore replaced an injured Andrew Smith after he broke his ankle during the Sept. 7 game against Crowley. Rocquemore has appeared to have made the transition up to JV seamlessly and has become an amazing dynamic pair with McGill.

You can see these Broncos and the rest of junior varsity football team on Oct. 5 at their game against Red Oak. The match will be held at Legacy and begins at 7 p.m.

Kendra Washington
Kendra Washington, Sports Editor
My name is Kendra Washington. I am a senior with a love for Jesus, writing, singing, football and people. I'm the Sports Editor for TheRiderOnline.com and a manager for Bronco football.
Alexa Ebert
Alexa Ebert, Photographer
Yo, Im Alexa and I like all music except for country.