Community Pep Rally Benefits Others

Student Council holds the 2017 Red Wagon Homecoming Parade. The parade will feature floats from various Legacy clubs.
Photo by Courtesy Photo

Senior Athena Orsa walks around the room, addressing other students, informing them of what to expect and what to do for the community pep rally and wagon parade. Orsa organizes and plans the event.

Student council will host a community pep rally on Monday, Oct. 16th at the football field at 6 p.m.

“People should come because it is for a good cause and it will be fun because it is building school spirit,” Orsa said. “And we are helping someone else.”

Clubs at Legacy received an invitation to decorate a wagon to pull in a parade. Along with the wagon parade, drill team and cheerleaders will perform and the football captains and Coach Melson will speak.

“All the feeder schools are invited,” Orsa said. “It’s for everyone so we are just trying to bring out the spirit. It’s a hometown theme so we are trying to bring out the hometown.”

At the beginning of each year, Student Council decided on things to work on throughout the year. This year they decided to focus on school spirit, leading to their decision to host the community pep rally and wagon parade.

“This year is school spirit because in years past we have had no school spirit,” Orsa said. “So this year we decided to focus on that. Because pep rallies are school spirit we decided to have a district wide, meaning any school, any families could come, anyone can come to this pep rally.”

In the wagons, clubs and organizations were asked to fill their wagons with school supplies. These supplies will benefit Austwell-Tivoli, a school affected by Hurricane Harvey. Their gym and cafeteria became unusable after the hurricane. Senior Sadie Johnson will help student council send the supplies to Tivoli after the pep rally.

“The entire student body is 70 students so our impact as a large student body would be a huge impact,” Johnson said. “We are working to help continue to provide as much educational time as possible and as easily as they can. Our schools donation will really aid that process.”

Kathryn Pedroza
Kathryn Pedroza, Editor-In-Chief
"Kathryn with a K is so much better than Kathryn with a C"- Anne of Green Gables. Anyway, my life can be summed up in three things: showtunes, books and Jesus. I can talk forever about them if you'll let me.