L.U.C.K. Week Begins

L.U.C.K. (Legacy Uniting through Caring and Kindness) week starts on Feb. 11 at Double Dave’s and ends on Feb. 19 at Olivia Nolley’s pep rally in the varsity gym. During the week, different clubs will host events and fundraisers to alleviate the hardship of Olivia’s medical expenses.

“I think it’s a wonderful cause,” book club sponsor Mrs. Villarreal said. “The whole school pulling together for a cause like this is amazing, and I think it’s great that each club has their own different way of approaching it.”

On Sunday, Pump it Up closes at 10:00 p.m. but will stay open until 12:00 a.m., charging $10 per person. Out of every $10 made, $4 goes to Olivia. The rest of the week will consist of a Ping Pong tournament at 10 a.m. on Monday, an Open Mic-Night at 7 p.m. on Thursday and Miss LHS at 7 p.m. on Friday.

“I understand it’s a new tradition we’re starting at Legacy,” French teacher Ms. Leach said. “I think it’s a wonderful tradition to start, to be able to help a family in need.”

During the rest of week, the Key Club will host a ring toss at lunches while Ms. Leach’s French class hosts a baguette batting and cheese toss. As they went through many ideas, the class decided hitting a harden baguette with a ball would be the best.

“The classroom was just brain storming and it just got crazier and crazier,” Ms. Leach said. “We just decided that was what we were going to do.”

Everyday after school, the book club will sell books for one dollar and a special prayer will be said for Olivia at in the front by the flag pole at 6:30 a.m. on Wednesday. The attendance office will also sell mardi gras beads for .25 cents to one dollar.

“I think L.U.C.K. week is probably one of the best things I could do,” French student Morgan Leaver said. “I’m a really big supporter of it, because we’re helping this family that pretty much has nothing anymore.”

$3000
$5000