Photojournalism Heads to the Zoo
Early Voting Begins for Proposed Bond
Photojournalism Heads to the Zoo
Early Voting Begins for Proposed Bond

iPad Minis Set to Replace Aging Student iPads

Photo by Ben Townsend
The new iPad Mini 3rd Generations will replace the outdated iPad 2s students previously used.

Out with the old and in with the new. Those big old clunky iPads will soon be gone forever. They get a new look and smaller size with a couple of new features to help students.

The iPads will soon be replaced with new iPad Minis. Students will have the opportunity to exchange their old iPads starting September 15 – 21. The process begins with bringing the old iPad as well the accessories which includes chargers and the case to the school library. It is best for all students eligible to exchange their iPads to bring them to school every day during that week. Students need to remember passwords for iPad and Apple accounts to help speed up the process of the exchange.

“The iPad 2 devices are no longer supporting the students efficiently in the classroom,” iPad Technician Jessica Retchless said. “Many of our students need larger iCloud storage to hold their iTunes U courses and the projects they have to complete in class.”

The iPad Minis will help the students more than the old ones. These new iPads will be faster, have a longer battery life and will have up to 64 gigabytes of storage to help save those assignments and online textbooks.

“A faster processor and longer battery life will benefit our students to multitask quickly,” Retchless said, “without needing to charge their device multiple times during the day.”

Once all of the iPads are exchanged with the new ones, they will be sold to an outside buyer to help offset the cost of the new iPad mini’s.

Fernando Fernandez
Fernando Fernandez, Staff Writer
Hola my name is Fernando. This is my first year in newspaper. I'm a senior this year. I have two sisters and I can't wait to graduate.
Catherine Richardson
My name is Catherine, but you can call me Cat. I love running, concerts and making videos. R.I.P Harambe.
Ben Townsend
Ben Townsend, News Editor
I'm the News Editor so yeah. Enjoy the news. Go team.
View Comments (5)
$3000
$5000