Legacy Hosts Annual Prom at Ballpark

Photo by photo by Mia Trahan
Legacy will host their annual prom on May 6 at Globe Life Park

On May 6 from 7-11 p.m., students can enjoy a night of dancing at the Jack Daniel’s Club at Globe Life Park for the price of $85. The DJ is currently taking song requests on Instagram. To request, comment a song on their Instagram post of the Legacy logo. Their accounts are @highschoolhype and @bowtiethedj.

“I think the prom theme this year is one of the better ones,” Mrs. Stephanie Gresham said. “It’s clean and classy. I think people will be impressed with the types of food we are going to have and the quality.”

With the James Bond 007 theme, the color scheme is black and white with pops of red. Upon arrival, students will enter the gates and go directly up an elevator. Stepping out of the elevator onto a red carpet, students will be surrounded by palm trees, crystal lamps and James Bond cutouts spread out across the room. The walls will have a light display and a logo wall that matches the tickets. The room will also be decorated with beaded crystal curtains, a balloon ceiling over the dance floor and almost ten foot tall, spiraling crystal chandeliers.

“The atmosphere of Jack Daniel’s itself is very rustic and cool,” senior Josh Hogue said. “We did elect some elegant black tie themed elements to fit the James Bond theme.”

The centerpieces will have candles and large stands with black and white feathers. The walls will be lit up. Food will be served from 7:30 p.m. until 9:30 p.m., and at 10 p.m., the king, queen and senior awards will be given out. The photo booth lets you take a ten-second video clip and then converts it into a mini flip book. The video clips taken in the photo booth will play on a screen on display throughout the evening.

“I’ve had so much fun with this year because we have an awesome theme and an awesome location,” Mrs. Gresham said. “Everything has worked out.”

There will be quiet sitting areas separate from the main dance floor for people to talk and socialize. Seating is first come first serve. There will be extra seating, so there’s no need to worry about reserving a spot next to your friends. There will be a candy and popcorn buffet, a build your own nacho bar, a mac and cheese bar and plenty of chicken tenders.

“We’re trying to strike a balance between formal and comfy, but everything will look very clean,” Hogue said.

After prom is at Round One at the Parks Mall right next to the skating rink. Tickets cost $25 and are for sale in the cafeteria during lunch. After prom lasts from midnight until 4 a.m. You can leave at whatever time you desire, but you can’t get back in once you leave. You will need your student ID to get in, and you cannot arrive any later than 1 a.m. Prizes are given out at 3:30 a.m., and you must be present to win. There will be bowling, ping pong, airbrush tattoos, karaoke, a photo booth, video games, food, drinks, pizza and wings.

“I am excited about prom,” senior Malik Babaa said. “It’s gonna be a great way to cap off an amazing senior year. I don’t feel it has to be perfect, as long as we are with the people that I know and have been with these past four years it will be a time to remember.”

Lexi Ellis, Staff Writer
I am a Staff Writer for the Legacy newspaper, and I am also an officer in Legacy Key Club and NHS. email: [email protected]