Alumni Association Set to Kick-off at Homecoming

After twelve years without an alumni reunion, principal Shelly Butler and student council sponsor Kenna Cavnar worked together to create one. Legacy will host an alumni reunion tailgate on Oct. 12 from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. behind the scoreboard at Newsom Stadium. This will also act as the kickoff event for the newly created alumni association.

“I come from a small town with a tight-knit alumni class. It’s nice to come back home and remember what it was like,” Ms. Cavnar said. “I hope to help create reunions for the alumni that have grown apart and can now come together as one.”

Hoping for a large turnout, organizers purposely chose homecoming to host it. Ms. Cavnar and Dr. Butler promoted the tailgate on social media and rely on word of mouth to get the word out.

“We’re a high school without an alumni group. People are so proud to be a Bronco and then it’s over,” Dr. Butler said. “I thought they should have that opportunity.”

The tailgate will have free food and drinks along with games and activities for alumni to enjoy. Previous faculty and staff were also invited to the event. Alumnus and math teacher Katie Clark volunteered to help with the event and also lead the future alumni group.

“I feel I’m still well connected with alumni, so I hope we can create a forum of some sort to get their information and include them every year,” Ms. Clark said. “I’m excited because I would love to have a first high school reunion, and it will help connect any past student.”

This event will kick off the alumni association and encourage alumni to continue to support and be a part of Legacy. The goal is to have members pay $10 and have a monthly newsletter to inform them of events at Legacy to stay connected.

“I have been sharing it all on social media and I’m very happy to help assist this event,” Ms. Clark said. “Honestly the people are confused over the meeting, once we have more information and I release it I feel we’ll be fine.”

Along with the tailgate, the Legacy Superfan App will launch with an alumni section where they can log points to eventually win prizes.

“We want to harness the talent from this school and stay connected, giving them those nostalgic feelings and continued pride of being a Bronco,” Dr. Butler said.

Cameron Dudzinski, Staff Writer

Hello! I’m Cameron Dudzinski, Junior Staff Writer, and a passionate aspiring writer!

Kathryn Pedroza, Editor-In-Chief

“Kathryn with a K is so much better than Kathryn with a C”- Anne of Green Gables. Anyway, my life can be summed up in three things: showtunes, books and Jesus. I can talk forever about them if you’ll let me.

Tori Greene, The Arena Photo Editor

My name is Tori Greene, I’m a senior at Legacy and I’m the photo editor for The Arena.